Re: SigningTime

1997-12-03 12:51:32
Phil:

I understand your concern, but I do not plan to change the OID.

PKIX Part 1 changed the notBefore and notAfter syntax in exactly the same
way.  And, the version number was not changed.  In fact, I think that
X.509is picking up the PKIX syntax.

Implementations have 52 years to be ready for the new syntax.  I do not
think that will cause an interoperabilty problem.  [Or, if it does, we will
all be retired.]

Russ