Re: The address-in-certs issue

1998-01-06 14:19:44
From: John Gardiner Myers <jgmyers(_at_)netscape(_dot_)com>

   [Three pages of mixed undisputed fact, irrelevancy, and
     unmeasurable and unsubstantiated assertion, leading up to ..]

So, we have clearly demonstrated a need to explicitly define a set of
mandatory minimum identifier syntaxes.

or, the equally meaningful "we have clearly demonstrated that
the sun rises every day".

Does anyone disagree that the mandatory-to-support identifier syntax
for S/MIME user agents includes { Name, rfc822Name }?   (That is, an
S/MIME-compliant MUA must be capable of displaying, at a minimum, the
subject distinguished name, as well as two of the nine defined forms of
GeneralName.)

All the rest is policy, not interoperability.