RE: Corporate Key mechanism

1998-01-23 14:54:47
At 01:46 PM 1/23/98 -0800, Blake Ramsdell wrote:
I agree completely -- the only point that Steve was making is that this
is a useful thing in some communities, and we should try to standardize
it so that different products will interoperate.  The best way that this
can happen is to have a draft that either lives in the S/MIME or PKIX WG
that explains how it should be implemented.

I agree, as long as it is kept out of the mainline S/MIME specs. In fact, it
seems likely that this should be in PKIX because it affects much more than
S/MIME use. A separate I-D that is what Blake says should suffice.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium