RE: Question about signing attachments separately

1998-02-02 13:04:24
i don't see this as an issue of signing the message body vs. not signing it.
everyone agrees that it's best to sign everything.
the question is whether to allow & how to implement:
* multiple signatures on a messages
* different signatures on different parts

both are fundamental for integrating S/MIME into forms routing applications.
example 1: i have a vacation request. this will get routed and signed by
manager, HR, etc. nothing about the document will be changed.
example 2: i have a reimbursement form. this gets routed to my manager, who
signs it unchanged, then to accounting, who signs it and adds information such
as the check #, the date the check, etc.

is S/MIME going to be compatible with these simple forms routing examples?