Re: What is the OID for CRS ??

1998-02-13 07:50:59
Chen,

IMHO, your question needs to be re-directed to the IETF PKIX WG mail list
(IETF-PKIX(_at_)LISTS(_dot_)TANDEM(_dot_)COM).  At the Dec 97 Washington DC
IETF, the S/MIME
WG decided that CRS should not be accepted as work under the S/MIME WG (see
following quote from minutes).  The S/MIME WG and PKIX WG agreed that CRS
should be pursued under the PKIX WG because cert mgmt protocols are a PKIX
responsibility, not S/MIME.

Quote from minutes of Dec 97 S/MIME WG meeting:

"Add CRS to Charter? - Russ Housley

Russ proposed that the S/MIME WG should concur with the PKIX WG decision
that the CRS work should stay in the PKIX WG.  In other words, the S/MIME WG
should not define a Certificate Request format.  The S/MIME WG agreed with
Russ' proposal."

John Pawling
jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc.