Re: How to do UTF-8

1998-02-20 14:10:16
All,

I agree with Paul that we don't need the size constraint.  All it was doing
was preventing somebody from encoding a contentDescription with 0 length.

================================
John Pawling
jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc.
================================

At 12:18 PM 2/20/98 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
And while we're UTF8'ing, we should also replace the DirectoryString in
the ContentHints attribute:

ContentHints ::= SEQUENCE {
  contentDescription UTF8String SIZE(1..MAX) OPTIONAL,
  contentType OBJECT IDENTIFIER }

I don't see any reason to do the SIZE(1..MAX). It made sense for the old
strings, but I don't think we need it here. Can we elide it?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium