RE: Rethinking Receipt

1998-04-15 23:02:53
At 04:24 PM 4/15/98 -0500, Rik Drummond wrote:
workgroup, of which SMIME is a base standard, and other groups like the fax
group. So please tell me know how to formally get this functionality into

Hmmm.  No doubt another potential rathole, but the need for accuracy
compels me to note that S/MIME has no specific status within the fax work,
other than being mentioned in a non-normative discussion section about
security issues.  PGP is also mentioned.

d/

ps.  On the other hand, the high-bit in this sort of topic IS a plaintive
cry from MIME-based application services for SOME (that is, ANY)
honest-to-goodness, deployed-and-used global security service.  You know,
something that isn't just fun for security experts to play with, but is
actually useful for non-technical users, interacting globally and without
prior arrangement...

Dave Crocker                 Brandenburg Consulting        +1 408 246 8253
dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com       675 Spruce Drive        (f) +1 408
249 6205
www.brandenburg.com         Sunnyvale, CA 94086  USA