Re: draft-ietf-smime-x942-00.txt comments.

1998-08-05 10:52:10
At 11:26 PM 8/4/98 -0700, EKR wrote:
jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com (John Pawling) writes:
3) Sec 2.1.2:  This section states:  "pubInfo is a random string
provided by the sender. In CMS, it is provided as a parameter in the
UserKeyingMaterial field (a 512 bit byte string)."  Since pubInfo is
defined as an OCTET STRING, shouldn't the value of pubInfo be
expressed in octets (i.e. bytes)?  When you wrote "(a 512 bit byte
string)", did you mean "(an OCTET STRING containing 64 octets)"?
That's fine with me. I think this text came from Russ. Russ?

An octet string that is 64 bytes long is fine with me.