Re: WG Last Call:draft-ietf-smime-cms-07.txt

1998-10-27 09:52:16
Ooops I messed up my response and got key agreement and transport
transposed sorry. Hopefully it should have read...

Dr Stephen Henson wrote:

The key encryption key algorithm and key transport algorithm is
determined implicitly from the keyEncryptionAlgorithm (which is now a
"key transport algorithm and key encryption algorithm") and the IV is
'A5' as mentioned in 12.6.2 (6).

I meant key agreement algorithm...

   KeyTransRecipientInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
     version CMSVersion,  -- always set to 0 or 2
     rid RecipientIdentifier,
     keyTransportAlgorithm KeyTransportAlgorithmIdentifier,
     keyEncryptionAlgorithm KeyEncryptionAlgorithmIdentifier,
     encryptedKey EncryptedKey }

Likewise this proposal should read:

      KeyAgreeRecipientInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
        version CMSVersion,  -- always set to 3
        originator [0] EXPLICIT OriginatorIdentifierOrKey,
        ukm [1] EXPLICIT UserKeyingMaterial OPTIONAL,
        keyArgeeAlgorithmIdentifier KeyAgreeAlgorithmIdentifier,
        keyEncryptionAlgorithm KeyEncryptionAlgorithmIdentifier,
        recipientEncryptedKeys RecipientEncryptedKeys }

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. UK based freelance Cryptographic Consultant.
For info see homepage at http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/