Re: WG Last Call:draft-ietf-smime-cms-07.txt

1998-10-28 07:11:28

Stephen Henson's first approach is similar to the approach taken in the
new version (2.0) of PKCS#5, where the same problem previously existed -
pbe algorithms where (unnecessarily) tied to particular encryption
algorithms (e.g pbeWithMD5AndDES-CBC). My personal opinion is that Stephen
Hensons proposal is to be preferred, due to it's dynamic nature.

/Magnus
Magnus Nyström            Email: magnus(_at_)rsa(_dot_)com
RSA Laboratories          Phone: (781) 687-7000
20 Crosby Drive           Fax:   (781) 687-7213
Bedford, MA 01730  USA