Comments on ESS-10

1999-01-09 20:43:33
Paul,

These comments are in addition to the changes to ESS Section 5 for the
addition of the SKI as a certificate identifier on CMS I previously sent
you.

0.  Section 1.  We have not yet seen the new introduction paragraphs which
include section 5.  I would like to do so before the document goes to the
RFC editor.

1.  Section 1.3 - the macValue attribute has been removed from CMS and needs
to be removed from CMS

2.  Section 1.4 - Minor word changes in paragraph 2.  "The main disadvantage
is that the gateway must check for the presence of certain attributes in the
other signerInfos and either omit or copy those attributes."

3.  Section 2.2 - bullet item 4:  I have some \240 characters in the text
here which I assume are suppose to be spaces.  Many of these are found
through out the entire document.  I have had to edit them out to get the ASN
module to compile.

4.  Section 2.8 - ASN for Receipt still references Version not CMSVersion

5. Section 4.4 -  The ASN for MLData has a comment on EntityIdentifier has a
note about being imported from CMS, but its not.  Please remove the comment
in the text and in the ASN module

Jim