What is the ToBeSignedData for signedData(pkcs#7) in SMIME system of Netscape Communicator 4.04?

1999-04-17 21:07:46
Hi,
Recently, we implement SMIME system.
We use Netscape Communicator 4.04 to test our implemention.
Then we encounter the following problem.
We decrypt the SignedData(We get from smime mail of Netscape
Communicator 4.04).
We find the hash value is different from the hash value of the field
unauthenticatedAttributes(contained in SingnerInfo).
We are sure that our decrypted value is correct since it satisfy the
formate of PKCS#1.
We try hash every paragraph in SMIME mail.
One of our hash values is same as hash value in the field
unauthenticatedAttributes.
But no one is same as our decrypted value.

Our environment: Netscape Communicator 4.04, Trial Class 1 VeriSign
Digital ID.

Thanks for your help.