RE: Issues with S/MIME Message Specification

1999-05-19 11:11:33
Can we PLEASE drop this thread? It makes no sense for a couple of reasons:

- The spec already has passed the IESG. Done. If you want to debate this, you have to issue a new spec and argue about that. (I'm not suggesting this, just saying that is what you have to do.)

- When we chartered this WG, we were told we had to use strong crypto. Period. We agreed.

- The arguments that "people won't produce this" have already been proven to be false in the marketplace already.

I will say again that I believe that it was inappropriate for this tread to be started **after** the specs were approved by the IESG and **years** after the discussion had gotten consensus in the WG.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium