S/MIME interoperability testing.

1999-10-28 09:32:09
Paul,

I strongly support the idea of setting up an S/MIME-clean list
server that could be used for real-world S/MIME interoperability
testing.

The results of my own rather extensive testing showed that
although the various products are relatively clean (but far from
perfect), the various list servers, corporate mail gateways, virus
checking software, etc., etc., were far from being ready to
handled signed or encrypted mail.

Testing all of the various combinations of mail processors,
certificate issuing software, etc., is quite time consuming
for any individual vendors, yet by spreading the load across a
number of cooperating users, can be accomplished rather easily.

Let's do it. And a hearty thank you to you, if you'll set up the list.

Bob

Signed with my 2048 bit dual-use key, in cleartext.

Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman(_at_)imc(_dot_)org> 10/27/99 05:50PM >>>