AW: draft-ietf-smime-idea

2000-03-03 07:36:02
In fact, I think there are already FAR too many algorithms,
variations, etc., in the  S/MIME standard as
it is, and to virtually no good purpose that I can see.
Yes! As long as there is a strong enough free cipher in there, everybody
should be happy. Maybe another one to choose from, and yes, as AES becomes a
standard, there will be a need to add it(them).

What do the ton's of ciphersuites in TLS buy us if there are major vendors
only supporting the RSA ones and all the products need to be able to talk to
them? Yes, we can say "all ciphersuites implemented in our toolkit"!

Peter
Dr. Peter Lipp
IAIK, TU Graz
Inffeldgasse 16a, A-8010 Graz, Austria