Re: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-compression-01.txt

2000-08-30 09:57:07
At 1:40 AM -0700 8/31/00, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>The compression content type definition, draft-ietf-smime-compression-01.txt,
is ready for S/MIME WG Last Call.  This document is slated to become an
Experimental RFC.  Last Call will end on 15 September 2000.

s/Experimental/Informational/

I'm not sure I agree with that. If there is even one implementation of it (probably from you, Peter?), then it's appropriate to be Experimental. If there are two, then it might even go on standards track later.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium