Re: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-compression-01.txt

2000-08-30 10:42:26
Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman(_at_)imc(_dot_)org> writes:

I'm not sure I agree with that. If there is even one implementation of it
(probably from you, Peter?), then it's appropriate to be Experimental. If
there are two, then it might even go on standards track later.

At the moment there's only one because of long delays in getting it out as an
RFC, however judging by the number of people who have asked me about it
there'll be more than one fairly soon after it's finally published.

Peter.