Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-x400wrap-00.txt

2000-11-10 12:43:14
At 2:33 PM -0500 11/10/00, Bonatti, Chris wrote:
Comment 11 asks for more specific references in PKIX.  I assumed that this
referred to PKCS-10 and CRMF.

No, it refers to CMP and CMC. Aren't multiple protocols for doing the same thing fun? :-)

  My feeling here is that we should be as
non-specific as possible to avoid introducing any undesireably dependencies.

The wording does not include any dependencies at all. That was quite purposeful in the S/MIME spec from which we copied this text.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium