RE: Does Hotmail support S/MIME?

2000-12-22 08:59:51

I believe this is a valid question for this mailing group.
It would be nice
to know where web mail fits into the S/MIME picture (if not, will it
ever?...) and if there will be any future use of encryption
services for
this type of internet messaging.  At least I myself am interested.

S/MIME is not incompatible with Web mail. It is purely an implementation
issue for the Web mail providers.

It is not a topic for this group unless Web mail providers discover
some specific feature that is essential or highly desirable for
Web mail support and want to raise it.

        Phill