Difference between application/x-pkcs7-mime and application/pkcs7-mime?

2001-06-27 07:01:19

HI,

Having read S/MIME RFCs and others ressources about S/MIME in general I've seen
2 versions of Content-Type for CMS Entity.  I was just wandering the difference
between the 2 Content-Type:

application/x-pkcs7-mime

and

application/pkcs7-mime

Is it the S/MIME version?  From an application stand point, when it's time to
recognize S/MIME message do we have to handle both Content-Type?

Thanks