More Comments to rfc2630bis-01

2001-07-05 13:40:09

All,

I have the following comment to rfc2630bis-01 (in addition to those
submitted on 27 June):

1) Section 6.2, RecipientInfo description:  RFC 2630 did not include any
"MUST implement" requirements regarding support of the alternatives within
the RecipientInfo CHOICE.  I don't believe that rfc2630bis should include
any such "MUST implement" requirements either.  Please make the following
change to the third paragraph:

OLD:
[*** NEW ***] Implementations MUST support key transport, key agreement, and
previously distributed symmetric key-encryption keys, as represented by
ktri, kari, and kekri, respectively.
Implementations MAY support the password-based key management as represented
by pwri.  Implementations MAY support any other key management technique as
represented by ori.

NEW:
[*** NEW ***] The ktri, kari, kekri, and pwri alternatives in the
RecipientInfo CHOICE are used for the key transport, key agreement,
previously distributed symmetric key-encryption keys, and password-based key
management techniques, respectively.  The ori alternative in the
RecipientInfo CHOICE is used for any other key management technique.

John Pawling, John(_dot_)Pawling(_at_)GetronicsGov(_dot_)com
Getronics Government Solutions, LLC