EITs in the x400-transport draft

2001-08-15 12:11:36

Based on the conversations that were held in London about propigating
smime-types up.  I would like to propose that we remove enveloped-x400
content and signed-x400 content EITs and replace it with x400-content
EITs and S/MIME types.  This is a difference from the SMIME-types from
the message draft, but in retrospect I believe that knowing the content
is of more importance that trying to one of the potentially many
security services.  This also eases the code in moving SMIME-types from
layer to layer.

Jim