RE: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-x400wrap-03

2001-08-16 05:52:06

Chris:

Fine. I think that Blake will need to expand his discussion to pick up all of the details that are no longer in RFC2630bis and CMSALG.

Russ

At 09:20 PM 8/14/2001 -0400, Bonatti, Chris wrote:
Russ,

I think that referencing son-of-MSG would be best, since the protection is really targeted at the same kind of functional use... e-mail. It's just a different e-mail.

I'll take a look at Blake's draft and see whether I can propose some text.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of Housley,
Russ
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 15:48
To: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-x400wrap-03

Correct.  At the face-to-face meeting in London last week, there was strong
consensus that the CMS not specify any mandatory to implement
algorithms.  I just sent of the revised I-Ds to implement this
decision.  As a result, all protocols that employ the CMS MUST specify
their mandatory to implement algorithms.  However, in this case, x400wrap
may want to reference the son-of-rfc 2632 and son-of-rfc 2633 documents to
ensure comparability.

Russ