RE: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-x400wrap-03

2001-08-16 05:52:04

Jim:

You are correct that this approach might delay the x400wrap document. The alternative is to replicate the same information in both documents.

Russ

At 01:02 AM 8/15/2001 -0700, Jim Schaad wrote:
I am not sure that I agree with this.  I would like to see these drafts
progress and that cannot happen if you are going to reference son-of-MSG
until it finishes.

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Bonatti,
Chris
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 6:20 PM
To: Housley, Russ; ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-x400wrap-03

Russ,

I think that referencing son-of-MSG would be best, since the protection
is really targeted at the same kind of functional use... e-mail.  It's
just a different e-mail.

I'll take a look at Blake's draft and see whether I can propose some
text.

Chris