Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-rfc2633bis-01.txt

2002-07-09 01:50:04

"Blake Ramsdell" <blake(_at_)brutesquadlabs(_dot_)com> writes:

I didn't see much uptake on this besides Russ saying "MAY", and I'm worried
about compatibility.  I will put a slide in my presentation about this for
Yokohama.

AFAIK the major use at the moment is in EDI environments (large, highly-
compressible messages, and everything is "by prior arrangement" anyway). There
are a couple of apps which support it out there though, so having it mentioned
would be nice just to let implementers know it's there.

Peter.