RE: Small comments on pss-01

2003-05-01 17:05:03

(List removed)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Schaad [mailto:jimsch(_at_)nwlink(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 2:31 PM
To: 'Blake Ramsdell'; ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Small comments on pss-01

We are still using the X.208/X.209 references for ASN.1/BER since we
have never gone beyond using 1988 syntax.  (Note that the DER
reference
is either X509-88 or X.660.)

Just so we're on the same page, the title of X.660 is "Procedures for
the operation of OSI Registration Authorities: General procedures", and
the title of X.690 is "ASN.1 encoding rules: Specification of Basic
Encoding Rules (BER), Canonical Encoding Rules (CER) and Distinguished
Encoding Rules (DER)".  I've been using X.690 for all of my DER
research, but I could be nutty.