RE: proposed addition to application/pkcs7-mime smime parameter

2003-06-27 19:31:27

Blake,

I have both a very basic and a very complicated answer to this
questions.

Is the message document correctly titled "How to do secure MIME with
CMS" or "How to do secure messaging with MIME and CMS"?

If the answer is the first, then this should be done.  If the answer is
the latter (and this is the position that most people think from) then
this should not be done and a separate draft should be written on how to
do the additional CMS security types.

I don't really want to bifercate the current Message and Certificate
drafts to have different documents for both the first and the second
(although the latter documents would be a "simple" profile of the former
documents). But I think we need as a group to make a decision on what
document we are writing.

jim