Re: Draft minutes from the Seoul meeting

2004-03-18 19:32:17
Hearing no objections I send the minutes in ot the proceedings people.

spt

Sean P. Turner wrote:

Please have all comments in by next Monday.  I want to get the presentations and minutes to the proceeding folks as soon as possible.

spt

Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

Greetings again. Here are my version of the minutes from last weeks meeting. Please let me know this week if you have any changes.

--Paul Hoffman

S/MIME Minutes
March 2, 2004
Seoul, Korea

The meeting was chaired by Sean Turner; Blake Ramsdell was jacked in
from Seattle via Jabber and iChat.

The short agenda was agreed to.

Sean updated the status since the last IETF meeting.

    New RFC (3657, Camellia)
    Three drafts that are with the RFC editor
        (symkeydist, x400wrap, and x400transport)
    Two drafts in WG last call (rfc2632bis and rfc2633bis)
    The draft that will go into WG last call when its editor
        finally finishes it (examples).
    Three drafts are currently active in the WG:
        cms-rsa-kem
        gost
        park-cms-seed

Sean talked about the milestones and how well we are doing on them.
We have a few short-term milestones and a much longer list of
long-term ones.

Sean gave Blake's presentation on MSGbis and CERTbis status
    Give the list of changes from last versions
    Received a bunch of editorial comments for both documents
    Russ said that other groups are using these docs, so please take
        a careful look at them.

Sean gave a presentation on GOST status
    Added a new draft with the algorithms needed for implementing GOST
    Move the default parameters to different doc
    Added message examples
    Seeking more input, particularly from implementers

Jongwook Park gave SEED updates
    Two drafts are already out there
    The algorithm is mandatory in Korea for government devices
    Approved by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC27
    Looking for comments and implementations

We finished in about 17 minutes.