RE: Protection of header elements in an S/MIME message

2005-02-01 10:25:46

Blake,

MASS I think is going to fail because they are trying to solve the problem
without upsetting anybody by adding some attachements.  The solution that
MASS has proposed and SIP has adopted basically involve copying the headers
into a signed portion of the message and then specifying rules for how you
deal with mis-matched headers.

In both cases not all headers are being copied, only specific headers.

Actually given the text that you have in the message draft, I consider it to
be useless and I don't know of anybody who is going to be able to deal well
with the message.  Its not very backwards compatable (i.e. no current
implementation will handle it well) and its not well defined for how header
comparision is done.

Since MASS is not using S/MIME in any way shape or form, I doubt you are
offending them.

jim