Re: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-gost-05.txt

2005-11-18 06:15:56

Greetings.

We are ready for last call on gost-cppk too.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Blake Ramsdell" <blake(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com>
To: <lse(_at_)CryptoPro(_dot_)ru>; "Sean Turner" <turners(_at_)ieca(_dot_)com>;
<sdb(_at_)dol(_dot_)ru>
Cc: <ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-gost-05.txt

On Nov 17, 2005, at 2:13 PM, Turner, Sean P. wrote:
PS there is a companion GOST documents in PKIX
(http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-gost-cppk-03.txt) and in
RFC editor's queue
(ftp://ftp.isi.edu/internet-drafts/draft-popov-cryptopro- cpalgs-04.txt).

Are we going to run into another CMC / symkeydist situation here? That is, is gost-cppk going to get stuck for any reason in PKIX? I note that the last draft revision is 9/9/05 and I did not see anything to indicate that there is active discussion about this draft on the PKIX list.

Just firing a warning shot that cppk is a normative reference that will need to progress through PKIX before gost-05 can complete. Authors -- can you give a quick status update about this?

cpalgs looks pretty frictionless -- no missing normative references, and in the editor's queue.

Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com