RE: Cross review of draft ERS from LTANS WG until Jan 23 rd

2007-01-16 09:36:29
Denis,

Small comment:

I agree with, that ARI and validate is not mature.

I agree that LTAP still needs some improvement for WGLC - though I
believe it is in good shape.

I obviously do not agree with that ERS is not mature.

And I totally disagree that ERS cannot be sent alone to the IESG.

Concerning the last two disagreements:

1. As Carl already pointed out it seems there might be a
misunderstanding of the relationship between ERS and REQS:

ERS is definitely not the complete answer to all requirements from REQS,
but fulfils its part. Other things shall be defined by LTAP and some
REQS may even be addressed at a later time (or only by individual
implementations but not by an I-D). (The goal of REQS is to help choose
the right technical solutions and approach by defining the objective
targets for the specifications.)

2. ERS as the data structure for the records is valuable on its own and
has with intent been only loosely coupled with LTAP. So we can progress
ERS. This makes the work of the WG easier and more efficient as we then
can focus on LTAP and ARI and validate (note: the last two are only
intended to be informational).

Thanks, Tobias