Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-cms-auth-enveloped-03.txt

2007-04-10 04:26:10

Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

On the first item, you never sent text.

Oh, I thought that what I'd sent you was enough to go on.  Looks like it was
just a communications problem then, I'll try and get you something soonish.

On the second item, I disagree.  The authenticated attributes are handled the
same as in AuthenticatedData.

They're placed before the data, not after it, which is unlike any other use of
authenticated attributes in any CMS PDU.  As both Peter Sylvester and myself
have already pointed out, this makes one-pass/streaming processing impossible.

Peter.