Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-cms-auth-enveloped-03.txt

2007-04-17 10:13:45

Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

The difference is the swapped order of authAttrs and authEncryptedContentInfo.

Yup.  That is, I'm not saying they absolutely have to be last, but that
forcing them to be first rules out the use of some algorithms (and vice versa).

The best placement seems to depend on the authenticated encryption
modes that one thinks will become most popular in the Internet over
time.  We each have examples that support our preferred placement.  I
do not know which of us has the better crystal ball.

Is there any way to put money both ways?

Peter.