Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-cms-auth-enveloped-03.txt

2007-05-06 20:40:50

Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

When faced with streaming trade-offs in the past, we have usually considered
the recipient as the one that needs to be able handle the stream efficiently.
This is because there are many situations where there is one originator and
many recipients.

This is a very email-centric view.  I know of a number of applications
involving secure transmission of content from sensing devices (medical imaging
for example, which generates huge uncompressed images) and security monitoring
where the sender has minimal resources and the receiver has all the storage
and processing power.

Peter.