on the use of IBC with CMS

2007-06-11 06:00:12
Hi List,

We have just submitted a draft on the use of

Identity-Based Cryptography in CMS to this working group.

We are aware that there are several group working drafts

which are dealing with Identity-Based Encryption in CMS.

However, we think it is important to look at the use of

IBC in CMS as a whole, including both IBE and Identity-Based

Signature.

As the Signed-Data content type does not support new extensions

as the Enveloped-Data content type, the encoding method used in

the existing drafts, which merely focus on IBE, cannot be adopted

for IBS.

In our draft, we take a unified approach to deal with encoding

both IBS and IBE in CMS.

Of course, there could be other encoding schemes within the current

CMS framework. We hope this submission could initiate serious

discussion on the use of IBC in CMS.

Kind regards,

Michael Cheng

Middlesex University
The Burroughs Hendon,
London NW4 4BT, UK
Phone: +44 20 84114932
Email: m(_dot_)z(_dot_)cheng(_at_)mdx(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk