RE: CAdES implementation. Complete Revocation References attribute.

2008-03-06 10:13:42
Nick,

The first point  is closed now, thanks.

On the second one. I certainly can store a certificate of OCSP-responder in
OCSP response itself, but this response by default is not protected by
CrlOcspRef and hence, existence of this certificate is not protected by
CAdES-C time-stamp or by time-stamped-certs-crls-references attribute. Of
course, I can force OcspResponsesID to include optional ocspRepHash to
protect this certificate, but this way somehow contradicts a remark on
ocspRepHash (cited): Since it may be needed to make the difference between
two OCSP responses received within the same second, then the hash of the
response contained in the OcspResponsesID may be needed to solve the
ambiguity.

That said, I want to bring your attention to the other case. Consider a
dedicated CRL issuer implied by policy with its own CRL-issuer-certificate.
Where could I store this certificate and a reference to it? Now there is
only a CRL (or may be ARL) signed by this issuer in my message and I cannot
include its certificate in that CRL. Why don't we just allow any certificate
needed to validate a path (not only CA certificates) to be included in
complete certificate references attribute?

Pavel Smirnov

Crypto-Pro
Tel./Fax: +7 495 780-4820
WWW:  <http://www.cryptopro.ru/> http://www.CryptoPro.ru
e-mail:  <mailto:spv(_at_)CryptoPro(_dot_)ru> spv(_at_)CryptoPro(_dot_)ru