Re: Maximum length in octets of messages that can be hashed

2009-03-05 12:08:46

Look at the message padding section of the SHA-1 algorithm specification. The length of the "original message" is encoded in the padding. The technique places an upper bound on the number of bits that can be hashed.

Russ