Re: [smime] (Another) new ID of potential interest

2010-08-14 14:09:05
Looks fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Herzog, Jonathan - 0668 - MITLL
[mailto:jherzog(_at_)ll(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:18 PM
To: Jim Schaad
Cc: Khazan, Roger - 0668 - MITLL; smime(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [smime] (Another) new ID of potential interest

On Aug 10, 2010, at 4:12 PM, Jim Schaad wrote:

I can easily understand how these things slip out.  I needed to find
the document in order to figure out what I was thinking of when I
wrote some of this.

Some comments in-line

[snip]

  o  AuthenticatedData uses static-static ECDH to provide
     data-integrity.  It will not necessarily,
     however, provide confidentiality for the data.

It will not provide confidentiality for the data.  I would suggest
removal or amendment of the second sentence.

Done. Now reads: "It will not provide confidentiality for the data."

(Do you mind
if I use your text as a starting point?)

You can steal the text wholesale for all I care.

Thank you.

Sorry - if you look at the document on line, then there are two
copies
of the document in the .txt file.

Really? My goodness, you're right. That's embarrassing. Thanks for
pointing that out.

Anyway, let me attach the current draft. If you have no more comments
on it, I'll check the references again and re-submit it next week.

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Herzog
voice:  (781)