Re: [smime] HTTP Encrypted Content-Encoding

2015-04-01 17:03:40
On Apr 01, 2015, at 17:12, Paul Hoffman
<paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Apr 1, 2015, at 11:16 AM, Martin Thomson
<martin(_dot_)thomson(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

It was suggested by Paul that I seek feedback on this work here.

Here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-encryption-encoding

Updated, not submitted, version:
https://github.com/mnot/I-D/blob/master/http-encryption-encoding/draft.md

It doesn't have any ASN.1 or OIDs, sorry.  And no prizes for finding
the bug in the published version.

In particular, I think that CMS encrypted types might be useful here to give
them more flexibility than what they have now, and so they don't eventually
have to reinvent a bunch of CMS. It also might be overkill. Thoughts?

There’s also these media type registrations but it definitely assumes CMS:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7193/?include_text=1

But isn’t this kind of re-inventing some parts of S-HTTP ;)
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2660/?include_text=1

spt