Re: [smime] HTTP Encrypted Content-Encoding

2015-04-01 17:44:49
On Apr 01, 2015, at 18:31, Paul Hoffman
<paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Apr 1, 2015, at 3:03 PM, Sean Turner <turners(_at_)ieca(_dot_)com> wrote:
There’s also these media type registrations but it definitely assumes CMS:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7193/?include_text=1

But isn’t this kind of re-inventing some parts of S-HTTP ;)
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2660/?include_text=1

I don't care if they're re-doing SHTTP; that's their call, not ours. My
concern is them possibly badly creating an enveloped object. If envelopedData
works well for them, great; if not, let's be sure to help them avoid pitfalls.

I agree not sure how you’d draw any other conclusion from my message.

spt