Re: [smime] Message takeover attacks against S/MIME

2016-03-13 00:36:43
On 3/8/2016 7:21 PM, Blake Ramsdell wrote:
On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Sean Turner <sean(_at_)sn3rd(_dot_)com> wrote:
I’m willing to help too, but it would be really great if we could identity some
folks who work on [insert your favorite mail app with built-in S/MIME support] to also
be involved.
I am also willing to help.

And I agree that we need to do some outreach to get implementers
engaged and participating.

I suppose as an implementer who has been engaged and participating, I should volunteer to help as well. So, count me in.

If a new cryptographic mode is in-scope (which it is), I believe Version 3.3 is not enough. I am in the Version 3.5 camp, if not the 4.0 camp.

Sean