Re: [smime] Message takeover attacks against S/MIME

2016-03-30 06:23:24
Jim Schaad <ietf(_at_)augustcellars(_dot_)com> writes:

The one change that might hit CMS is the ability to use PGP keys.  It depends
on if we want to do this just for encryption or for both encryption and
signing.

What would prevent you from using them right now?  I've been using (or at
least suppoting the use of) PGP keys for CMS for years, you just use the key
ID instead of the (absent) issuerAndSerialNumber.

The reason for the "supporting the use of" is that I don't think anyone
actually cares about using PGP keys for CMS/SMIME.  Is there any actual demand
for it?

Peter.