Regarding item 2, we already have RFC 5084 that specifies the use of AES-CCM
and AES-GCM with CMS. I have just posted an I-D that specifies the use of
ChaCha20 with Poly1305 with CMS:
Please read and review.
On Mar 8, 2016, at 1:58 AM, Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
I am hearing interest in these topics (a combination of things on this list
and side conversations).
(1) Specify the way to use authenticated encryption in S/MIME. Note that it
is already done for CMS.
(2) Specify conventions for AES-CCM, AES-GCM, and ChaCha20 with Poly1305
authenticated encryption algorithms.
(3) Specify conventions for using Curve25519 and Curve448 for key agreement.
(4) Specify conventions for using the CFRG chosen curves for elliptic curve
(5) Specify a way to use PGP public keys in addition to PKIX certificates.
Is this enough to re-charter the S/MIME WG?
smime mailing list