Re: [smime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5084 (4774)

2016-08-13 17:00:26

On Aug 13, 2016, at 10:08 AM, Paul Hoffman
<paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> wrote:

On 13 Aug 2016, at 10:03, Jim Schaad wrote:

The first half of this errata must be rejected.  We do not change the ASN.1
for something like this under just about any circumstances.

Changing the recommendation of a value should probably not be done by an
erratum but by publishing a new document.  We could make discuss and make
the recommendation change in the new S/MIME document in the LAMPS group
rather than in this document.

I fully agree with Jim on both counts.

I also agree with Jim.

Sean