Re: Getting the DSN standard used

1998-05-28 16:14:49
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:37:33 -0400
From: "Jack De Winter" <jack(_at_)wildbear(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca>

Those functions don't require DSN unless they're foolishly implemented.
See http://pobox.com/~djb/proto/verp.txt.

Please do not post URLs for sites that most of us cannot access.
It is both infuriating and a pain.  Try doing something like posting
the data here.
[...]
(519) 884-4498                http://www.wildbear.on.ca/jacks/

Dan's link works in Netscape 2 (Solaris), Netscape 3 (Linux), Netscape 4
(Linux), and Lynx (Linux).  It even worked in the circa 1993 CERN
browser "www" (SunOS binary running under Solaris, although www makes
you go through the FTP redirect by hand).

I've had two problems with Dan's URLs: one, a URL posted to DRUMS in
1996 is invalid; two, deleting the filename off of the URL (to hopefully
look at the list of documents in that directory) doesn't work as far as
I know.  But these are my fault, and my problem, and do not interfere
with chasing that link.

Surprisingly, the link in your signature appears to be invalid in all of
the above browsers plus "telnet www.wildbear.on.ca 80".

Incidentially, what browser is preventing you from getting that link?

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>