Re: Getting the DSN standard used

1998-05-29 07:18:30
Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se>
The most important part of the DSN standard is the standardized format
for non-delivery DSNs.

Is it?  I am probably almost unique: I send NOTIFY=SUCCESS mail on a
regular basis (using some hacks of my own).  IMHO, the fact that I can
count on receiving either a 'delivered' or a 'relayed' DSN is the most
important feature in the long term.  The fact that its format is
parsable is the second most important part (insert minor sendmail
grumble here).

Having one widely available mail client that's able to list what
recipients have recived any send mail might help a lot.

--Arnt