Re: SMTP server resides on non standard port. How can I send mail to it?

1998-11-11 20:21:31
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:03:43 -0800
Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> scribbled:

Hi,

I believe our friend Alexey means like a URL, where I can specify

http://www.some.net:70/some.html

.. and some mechanism for parsing the port regardless of client or
daemon.... ie, me(_at_)some(_dot_)net:24 from the destination, my thoughts are
that
nobody has probably tried it yet, but it looks interesting imho :)

Cheers