Re: SMTP server resides on non standard port. How can I send mailto it?

1998-11-12 16:07:26
At 3:13 AM +0300 11/12/98, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

I am sorry for not being precise. I mean *server implementations* (I am
not interested how to configure clients, I want to know if there is any
server (MTA-to-MTA) [de-facto] standard)

One way to do this is to have the MX records point to a relay SMTP server that listens on port 25, and has been configured to talk to your SMTP server on whatever port is likes. I'm not sure what this buys you in the general case, but it might be useful in some limited situations.