Re: SMTP server resides on non standard port. How can I send mailto it?

1998-11-11 17:10:55
Dan Wing wrote:

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Hi,

I need to set up my SMTP server on non standard port (for whatever
reasons).
Anybody supports the following trick to send mail to SMTP on different
port:

 <username>@<host.name.com>:<portnumber>

If this question was discussed before, just point me politely :-) to the
required information.

There are ways to do this with almost every mailer.

Please ask your question on the "comp.mail.misc" newsgroup.

I am sorry for not being precise. I mean *server implementations* (I am
not interested how to configure clients, I want to know if there is any
server (MTA-to-MTA) [de-facto] standard)

Regards,
Alexey Melnikov
SMTP/POP3/IMAP4/ACAP servers creation team

Epsylon Technologies, Russia
 http://www.taxxi.com

Imap Development Kit (my own product)
http://194.87.43.111/homerus/mail/idk/index.htm

Fax (in San Diego, California): 1 (619) 8393837