heads up: IPv6 SMTP operational requirements draft

2001-07-06 09:12:33

SMTP folks might want to look at this Internet-Draft:

This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of
the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 SMTP operational requirements
        Author(s)       : M. Nakamura, J. Hagino
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement-01.txt
        Pages           : 6
        Date            : 05-Jul-01

The memo lists operational requirements for IPv6 SMTP, and IPv6-capable
MX DNS records.  As we deploy IPv6 SMTP servers, it became apparent that
we need certain configuration in IPv6-capable MX DNS record, for stable
dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) SMTP operations.  The document tries to
clarify the problems we have in transition period between IPv4 SMTP and
IPv6 SMTP, and operational requirements for stable IPv4/v6 SMTP
operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement-01.txt